With the school now at its capacity, we are now needing to cap our 2022 prep numbers at a maximum of 66 students. Pressure on enrolments is only increasing, with the school unable to provide places for over 40 families in 2021. With this in mind, it would be extremely helpful if parents with siblings enrolling in 2022 could contact the office to obtain an enrolment form or download one from the website as soon as possible.
Families can either call, email or drop in to advise us of their intentions and we will place your child on our database ahead of the confirmation process in mid to late Term 3. We are requesting enrolments by June 25th, as this will give us time to ensure we prioritise sibling claims and new enrolments from inside our Designated Neighbourhood Area. Once we have done this, we will look to provide clarity for those enrolling from outside of our area, as per the Department’s guidelines
Priority Order of Placement
In circumstances when a school may not be able to accept all applications due to existing or future capacity concerns, schools must manage enrolment applications in accordance with the following priority order of placement:
- Students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood school
- Students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time
- Where the Regional Director has restricted the enrolment, students who reside nearest the school
- Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds
- All other students in order of closeness of their home to the school.
The Mulgrave Primary School zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au.
Findmyschool.vic.gov.au hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones for 2021 onwards.
Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
For more information
If you have a question about school zones call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email: email@example.com
Mulgrave Primary School is currently experiencing high demand for enrolments. The school is approaching its current capacity and we are looking to manage enrolments in line with the Department of Education and Training’s guidelines above. This still allows for parent choice to ensure every child can attend a school that is right for them, whilst we also manage increasing demand. We will do our utmost to accommodate all families where facilities allow.
The school requests that enrolment forms are lodged with the school by Friday June 25th, so that we can offer certainty to families as early as possible. For those seeking enrolment from outside the school’s zone after this time, we cannot guarantee that we will be in a position to accept an enrolment form (see map).
School Tours – 2021
* Due to Covid restrictions, tours are limited to ONE parent per tour. Parents are able to bring their child.
** School tours are now ONLY available to families living within the Mulgrave Primary School zone. Please refer to findmyschool.vic.gov.au to clarify if you reside in our zone.
– Thursday 3rd – 2.30 pm – CANCELLED – Due to lockdown
– Wednesday 9th – 9.30 am – CANCELLED – Due to lockdown
– Tuesday 15th – 11.30 am
– Tuesday 22nd – 9.30 am
– Thursday 24th – 9.30 am
– Thursday 22nd – 11.30 am – FULL
– Wednesday 28th – 9.30 am
– Thursday 19th – 9.30 am – TBC pending COVID restrictions
– Wednesday 25th – 9.30 am – TBC pending COVID restrictions
– Thursday 2nd 9:30 am
– Tuesday 7th – 9.30 am
- Tours are strictly by appointment only.
Please contact the office on 9795 2477 to book
Virtual School Tour
Meet Mr. Spicer, Mulgrave Primary School Principal
To prepare children for the transition to Primary School, we offer “Step into Prep” sessions for children commencing school in the following year. Session dates for the current year are listed below. We would encourage parents to bring their children along to as many of these sessions as possible as they greatly assist in preparing children for school.
STEP INTO PREP SESSIONS – ‘2022’
All children due to begin school in 2022 are welcome to attend these sessions to help prepare them for school.
- 9:15 – 10:00 am Wednesday, October 20th
- 9:15 – 10:00 am Wednesday, October 27th
- 9:15 – 10:00 am Wednesday, November 10th
- 9:15 – 10:00 am Wednesday, November 17th
PREP PARENT INFORMATION EVENING ‘2022’
- 6:30 -7:30 pm Wednesday, December 1st
GETTING TO KNOW YOU INTERVIEWS
- TBD – Tuesday in February 2022